What is Datotta's Return and Exchange Policy? How does it work?
Datotta's returns and exchange policy gives you an option to return or exchange items purchased on Datotta for any reason within 15 days from the date of product delivery. We only ask that you don't use the product and preserve its original condition, tags, and packaging. You are welcome to try on a product but please take adequate measure to preserve its condition. Rs. 99/- will be charged for all Returns. There are two ways to return the product to us:
- Pick up: In most locations, we offer a pick up service. You will see a pickup option when you submit a return request.
- Self-Ship: If we don't offer a pick up at your location. In such cases, Customer has to self ship the product to us and customer has to share scan copy of the courier receipt with us. Refund will be initiated only after we receive the product in our warehouse in good condition.
During Pick Up, our delivery agent may do a quality check on the return. For a successful pick up, we will initiate a doorstep refund for the return amount into the refund mode selected at the time of initiating the return request. This doorstep refund may not be applicable for some pin codes in which case refund will be initiated after the product has been received at our warehouse and has passed a quality check. If the picked up product does not pass the quality check, we shall ship it back to you. If you choose to exchange the item for reason of mismatch of size or receipt of a defective item, you will be provided with a replacement of the item, free of cost. However all exchanges are subject to stock availability and subject to your address being serviceable for an exchange. If you choose to exchange an item, our delivery representative will deliver the new item to you and simultaneously pick up the original item from you. Please note that we offer you an option to exchange items purchased by you on Datotta for same or different sizes of same style or for any other item of the same or different value from Datotta within the specified exchange period subject to your address being serviceable for an exchange.
The following EXCEPTIONS and RULES apply to this Policy:
- All items to be returned or exchanged must be unused and in their original condition with all original tags and packaging intact.
- Under Exchange Policy,
- a) If you choose to exchange the item purchased by you on Datotta within the specified exchange period for the same size or different size of same style, you will be provided with a replacement of the item, free of cost.
- b) If you choose to exchange item purchased by you on Datotta for any other item of the same or different value from Datotta. In such case, if exchanged item is of the higher value, differences in amount will be charged to you and if exchanged item is of the lower value, differences in amount will be refunded to you post successful pick up of original item from you.
- c) Net amount paid by you (excluding instant cashback/discount) to purchase original item will be considered to calculate difference in amount of original and exchanged item which will be payable by you or refundable by Datotta as the case may be, for an exchange.
- d) Applicable refund for exchange will be trigger post successful pick of original item from you.
6) Exchanges are only allowed for pincodes which are serviceable for an exchange.
7) Item cannot be exchanged for multiple products and you are allowed to select single item for exchange. While customer can exchange multiple item at a time by initiating separate exchange request for each of the item.
8) Non- returnable products/categories cannot be exchanged.
10) Datotta shall reserve the right to restrict exchange of the items purchased on Datotta if customer in any way breaches or misuse this policy, as determined in Datotta’s sole discretion. In case you have purchased an item which has a free gift/offer associated with it and you wish to return the main item, then you will have to return the free product as well.
11) Datotta will not be liable for the products returned by mistake. In circumstances where an extra or a different product is returned by mistake, Datotta would not be accountable for misplacement or replacement of the product and is not responsible for its delivery back to the User
12) If you self-ship your returns, kindly pack the items securely to prevent any loss or damage during transit. For all self-shipped returns, we recommend you use a reliable courier service.
13) If you self-ship your returns, your shipping costs would be reimbursed subject to your return having met our Returns and Exchange Policy and the image of the courier receipt is shared by you and validated by us. For self ship returns the refund for returned products will only be initiated if they pass through a quality check conducted at the warehouse. If the quality check fails the product will be reshipped back to you.
To return a product to Datotta, please follow these steps:
You can return products purchased from Datotta within the specified return/exchange period(check product details page for the same), except for our non-returnable products.
- Create a 'Return Request' under “My Orders” section of App/Website/M-site. Follow the screens that come up after tapping on the 'Return’ button. Please make a note of the Return ID that we generate at the end of the process. Keep the item ready for pick up or ship it to us basis on the return mode
- We offer pick-up facility in selected locations basis our courier serviceability.
- If reverse pick-up option is not available at your location you can self-ship the product to us
Pick-up: If you select to schedule a pick-up, please place the product in a packet and the product must be unused, unwashed and all the tags are intact.Keep the packet ready and open to expedite the return pickup. Our staff may initially examine the product at the time of pickup and a further quality check of the product will be conducted at our Returns Desk.
Self-ship: In case your area pincode is not eligible for “Pick-up” mode then, please self-ship the product to our Returns desk.Please pack the product and ensure product is unused, unwashed and all the tags are intact.Also, please mention Order No and Return id on a piece of paper and place it in the packet. Kindly address the package to the address of the Returns desk closest to you. We have listed out the addresses of the Returns desk in another section on this page.
We will send you a confirmation email as soon as we receive the shipment at our warehouse. At any time, you can track the status of your return request on App/Website/Msite.
How do I place an exchange request on Datotta?
If you would like to exchange products purchased from Datotta, please follow below mentioned steps:
- You can create exchange for products purchased from Datotta within the specified return/exchange period (check product details page for the same) under “My Orders” section of App/Website/M-site. If your address is serviceable for exchange you will be able to proceed and generate an exchange id. Please note down your exchange id for future reference
- Place the product in a packet but do not seal it. Please ensure product is unused, unwashed with all the tags intact.
- Hand over the original product to our delivery staff and receive the exchange item from him. Please ensure that you have the original item available with you at the same address which has been selected for delivery of the exchange item.
- At any time, you can track the status of your exchange requests under “My Orders” of App/Website/M-site.
What is No Questions Asked Returns?
Once you create a return via App / Desktop as per the returns policy, Datotta will ensure a quick, easy and seamless returns experience for you. Our delivery agents may perform a simple quality check at your doorstep and upon acceptance of the return, your refund will be initiated immediately
Why has my return been put on hold despite No Questions Asked Returns Policy?
At the time of creating a return, customers are requested to confirm (via a check box click) that the product being returned is unused with original tags intact. At the time of pickup, if the above conditions are not found to be met, your return may be put on hold pending further clarification with our Contact Center.
What is Datotta's Cancellation Policy?
You can now cancel an order when it is in packed/shipped status, as long as the cancel option is available on App/Website/M-site. This includes items purchased on sale also. Any amount paid will be credited into the same payment mode using which the payment was made
Can I modify the shipping address of my order after it has been placed?
Yes, You can modify the shipping address of your order before we have processed (packed) it, by updating it under 'change address' option which is available under ‘My order’ section of App/Website/M-site
How do I cancel my Order?
Tap on “My Orders” section under the main menu of your App/Website/M-site and then select the item or order you want to cancel
I just cancelled my order. When will I receive my refund?
If you had selected Cash on Delivery, there is no amount to be refunded because you haven't paid for your order. For payments made via Credit Card, Debit Card, Net Banking, or Wallet you will receive refund into the source account within 7-10 days from the time of order cancellation.